It started out innocent enough, playing with the "choo-choo's," as Clay used to call them, at Barnes and Noble. Slowly, we started to learn their names, but still nothing too serious. Then, Grandpa bought him a Thomas the Train movie and BAM! we are officially hooked on Thomas! ;) I absolutely love it. He is using his imagination like I have never seen before. It's only taken him a few days and he already knows ALL of the trains in his movie by name and their matching number. {Most of the trains have a number associated with them...great for letter recognition!} Now I know what you're thinking...he probably watches this movie all day, right? Not quite. Mama's got a limit on TV watching in this house and lately Clay has chosen Thomas for TV time. He has even picked it over his beloved Imagination Movers {gasp}!
The other day I took him to pick out any train of his choice and he chose Lady. That day Lady went with us everywhere and even slept in our bed! Now, I'm proud to say, his collection is up to 3 trains...all sleeping soundly in our bed right now! ;)
Lady, Thomas & Toby!
Using our Thomas stickers to make a makeshift train table...I know what Santa is bringing this boy for Christmas!!
The trains are magnetic and stick together...he loved switching their order!
Happy boy = happy Mama!
Tonight as we were reading books before bed, Clay made sure his trains were safely beside him. And, before I turned out the light, Clay looked at me and said, "Mama, my love my trains. My need more trains please." Melt.my.heart. If you're looking for us tomorrow we'll be at Toys R Us in the train section! ;)




Oh my goodness! He looks like such a big boy with his new haircut....you can really see it clearly in this post:-) Wish I had waited a couple of days beore ordering that new trash truck!
ReplyDeleteDid you hear that Austin Steam Train in Cedar Park has a big Thomas the Train deal in the next week or two? Check it out online, I bet Clay would love it!
ReplyDelete