Monday, August 24, 2009

"Stinky like a Trash Truck"

Okay, my little man is obsessed with trucks...any kind really...cement trucks, pick up trucks, fire trucks, 18-wheeler trucks, delivery trucks, dump trucks, tanker trucks, double freight trucks {yes, he spots these and says "double freight"}, but I've got to say one of his favorites is the TRASH TRUCK.

We so look forward to Monday mornings when the garbage man drives around our neighborhood in that truck of his! We've made it a ritual after breakfast to hop on our John Deer {as Clay calls it} and go outside to follow the trash truck! Ahhh, the pure joys of being a BOYMOM!! I love every minute!!


getting settled in with our trash truck replicas and using our "listening ears" {as Mama calls them} for the familiar sound!


who wouldn't agree follow the trash truck around for this smile???




oh, we hear him!!!


and we're off....


Clay insisted on taking our trucks with us and I finally convinced him that only one would fit!


waving to our garbage man! We see the same man EVERY Monday and he has taken a liking to Clay and will give a big wave and honk honk each time he passes our house.


covering his ears for the loud honk! honk!



yes, I'm creeped in my bushes like the paparazzi snapping photos of our neighborhood trash truck...what I won't do for my boy!!!



Isn't it a beauty??

As the truck got closer to our house Clay looked at me and said, "Phew Mama, stinky like a trash truck! See you in a week trash truck!"

1 comment: