Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

This past weekend we had Grandpa up to celebrate his birthday! Daddy grilled delicious mahi-mahi paired with rice, asparagus & salad. And, of course, there was CAKE!

That afternoon Clay was making his birthday card for Grandpa and was really concentrating and working hard. I told him, "Clay, Grandpa is gonna LOVE it!!" He kept walking around showing me the card exclaiming, "Grandpa gonna LOVE it!"

As I was transferring Grandpa's cake from the bakng pan to the serving platter, I accidentally tripped over one of Clay's matchbox cars...one corner of the cake came crashing to the floor. Clay said, "Uh oh! Mama dropped it!" Then, my SWEET boy proceeded to pull his stool up next to the counter where I was frosting my {rather sad looking} cake, put his hand on my arm and said, "It's ok Mama, Grandpa gonna LOVE it!!!" Yep, you guessed it...this softy of a Mama burst into tears over the compassion of my adorable 2 year old!



Who doesn't love lickin' the beaters?!?



yummy goodness!


sharing with his Mama!

I asked Clay how old Grandpa was and he told me, "Five Nine!"


Blowing out the candles is Clay's FAVORITE part!



Helping Grandpa



Got 'em!



Yes, we had to do it, "one more time!" as Clay exclaimed!



another birthday wish...


reading Grandpa's card



You were right Clay, Grandpa LOVED it!!


Clay helped Grandpa open his present and when he realized there were b.o.r.i.n.g clothes inside, he promptly said, "Open another one!" Ha!


Clay told Grandpa this was a picture for "Grandpa's office."
We had a great weekend with you Grandpa! Hope you had a wonderful "FIVE NINE" birthday! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment