Back up to the costume for a sec...I didn't have this blog last Halloween, but if I did you would have seen a costume-less Clay last year as well. I had big plans to dress him in the cutest darn monkey costume but he just said, "No Mama!" every time I came near him. This year I thought for sure he'd want to dress up, maybe even choose his own costume?! No way, not a chance! My guy is just not one for dressing up and I'm not pressing the issue. We'll be decked out in our "Go Horns" shirt {as Clay calls it} anyway since we happen to have a pretty superstitious Daddy who insists we wear the same outfit each game day! :) Go Horns beat Ok State!
Just because we're not dressing up, doesn't me we're skipping out on any of the Halloween fun! We've been reading TONS of Halloween books, sprucing up the house with our "fall" decorations, visiting the pumpkin patches, walking the neighborhood looking at the jack-o-lanterns and friendly ghosts, carving some of our own pumpkins {post to come!} perusing through the Halloween aisle at Target, picking up bags of candy for our storm of trick or treaters, doing crafts with mama, and baking Halloween cookies!
Here are some pics of one of our crafts...
we read one of our favorite books, five little bats flying in the night, before we started
i wish you could hear this picture of Clay reading me the book...he's practically got this one memorized!
tracing his little hands for the bat wings




No comments:
Post a Comment