Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear?

And do you see what I see? You guessed it...we are working on identifying our 5 senses! I started out reading this book to Clay...


We've incorporated it into our nighttime mix and he now asks for his "5 cents book!"


This morning we focused on two sounds...hearing and sight...so we started out with a Sound Safari! Side note: I am NOT an artist. Never have, never will be. Sadly, I accept this as fact. Last night when I was preparing our Sound Safari sheet, Doug looked over my shoulder and started laughing hysterically! He even took pity on me and helped draw an airplane. {Doug's is the green one by the way!} Thanks, babe!


Sights and Sounds to be looking out for in our neighborhood! I warned you...pretty awful drawings!



Got his tractor fruit snacks...ready to ride!


Can't set out without our "cool dudes" as Clay calls them!




We practiced with using our "listening ears" to hear the garage door open. He quickly understood the task and was eager to put the sticker in its place.




Okay, we seriously heard/saw 4 other things before we made it down the street! Note to Mama: make our Sound Safari longer next time!


So Mama did what any good teacher would do and quickly extended our lesson to add more stickers for every sound we heard more than once! Phew!

Our next senses activity was one I used to do with my kiddos at school to practice letter recognition...Seek and Find Letter Shaker!


materials: colored rice {food coloring & purell}, alphabet letters, empty Gatorade bottle {mama was finishing the last of the Gatorade while snapping this photo!}


Seek and Find Letter Shaker!



Clay enjoyed shaking the bottle and hearing the rice swishing around!



He also enjoyed seeing new letters appear in the mix!


Next up...exploring our sense of touch, taste & smell!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you are soooo creative girl! You need a classroom again, or should tutor from your house! :)

    ReplyDelete