Thursday, June 18, 2009

Letter of the Week...I!

With the scorching HOT days, Clay and I are finding creative ways to keep cool! So...what better way to introduce the letter I than by using ice cream {and a few other of our favorite "treats"}!



materials...I asked Clay what his favorite ice cream flavor was and he told me {without hesitation!} "straw-ber-ry!" Therefore, we chose our "scoop" to be pink for strawberry! For the topping we chose the only other sweet he enjoys...M&M's!!



coloring the bottom half of the I. Can you tell I just taught him how to hold the paper down with his other hand while he colors to keep the paper from moving?! Good listener! :)



Securing the "scoop" to the top half.



Gluing down the "toppings!"



pressing down and counting..."one, two, tree, four!"


repeating the process....


our finished product...I am amazed this many M&M's made it...I'm pretty sure I saw a few sneak into the mouth!!! :)


And what better way to solidify our learning than to share a little....

just his size!!

And, did I mention we did this activity BEFORE 11am! Yeah, I know...Mom of the Year moment! But honestly, is there every a wrong time for ice cream?!? We think not! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment