Clay has really started wanting to do things by himself...open water bottles, drink from a "big boy" cup, brush his teeth, put on his shoes and socks...all the little things Mama is not ready to stop helping him with yet! Lately, if I seem to be crowding his space, he will gently push my hand away. So, along with the slight nudge, I've taught Clay the phrase, I do it. Boy, has he got this saying down! Although, his comes out as , "I dood it." Along with "mere, mama," I hear this one just as often these days!
Yesterday, we were stocking up on art supplies at Michael's and if you know Clay, you know that he has never been one for sitting in the shopping cart...ever. He's really never been one to be strapped into anything for that matter...car seat, stroller, high chair. He loves his freedom and independence. As you can imagine, shopping is sort of a challenge for Mama. I've learned a few tricks that will buy me some time, but mostly, I just let him "dood it!" :)
So, the minute he sees the shopping cart at Michael's, he says, "Mama, I dood it!" And, if you know me, then you know that I had this shopping cart (and every other one he touches) sanitized with my trusty Wet Ones from top to bottom!
Here is Clay "dooding" it:
Sorry folks, this was the only picture I could snap. As you can tell, Mama needed both hands to discretely help her big boy steer! Not only did we bump into a few displays, but somehow much more was added to our cart than what was on our list! ;)




What a little man he is! That is such a great picture :)
ReplyDelete