Monday, February 23, 2009

It Isn't Easy Being Green

We've had some unseasonably warm days this February, even with highs reaching near 80's!! (Mandie, I know you are glaring at the computer screen right now...you will be experiencing it all again very soon!) My little man LOVES the outdoors, so needless to say, we soak up some serious sunshine on these days (sunscreen applied, of course!) ;)

Just after waking from his nap (this will explain the sans pants pictures below), Clay and Mama hit the backyard for an awesome outdoor adventure. I got this idea from one of the BEST books out there...The Toddler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner. I have planned SO many fun activities for the two of us using this as my guide. All you need for this activity is:
  • a spray bottle
  • liquid tempera paint (I used washable finger paint...worked just as well)
  • water
  • old sheet
I have been working with Clay on his colors and I'm proud to report that he's got them all down pat! I gave him the choice of color he wanted to use for paint and he chose green or "geen" as he calls it. It was a tad windy this afternoon, so the sheet ended up on the ground (although it was meant to hang from the fence). Nonetheless, Clay had a GREAT time...even giving Kermit the Frog a run for his money! :)


Clay figuring it out...didn't take him long!


Taking a break to admire his work!



Oops...got it pointed the wrong way!


My "geen" goatee!


Before it was all said and done, nothing was spared from being drizzled with a little green finger paint...even Mama! This is definitely on Clay's top 10 list for favorite outdoor fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment