Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's Way...

A few days before Easter, Grandpa came up to keep Mama & Clay company while Daddy was traveling for work, so we decided to get a head start on the Easter festivities! We were ready to get down and dirty with some Easter egg dye and do a "practice run" of hunting our eggs in the backyard.



Getting all set up.


Showing Grandpa how it's done.


Silly boy {in need of a haircut, ya say???}



Our finished product{s}!

I must admit, Clay did a great job of helping dye the first 10 or so eggs. After that, the task of carefully placing them in the dye and waiting for them to color just got too boring. Mama finished the rest while Clay and Grandpa played a little game called, "Chase the truck" {yes, Clay made this up and thought it was hilarious!}

Grandpa "drove" the truck while Clay came crashing towards him {the best part!}


Just looking at this picture makes me want to sit on the couch with the heating pad on my back! I know Grandpa's back was a little sore after this game.



frame worthy pic! :) Grandpa and his buddy!
The next day, Daddy was coming home from "being on an airplane" as Clay says and it was Clay's request that we wait until Daddy got home to do our hunt. Mama and Clay "hid" inside {not peeking out the curtains, I might add!} while Daddy hid the eggs all over the yard.
Cutest Easter Bunny I've ever seen! :)


And...he's off!


To hear Clay's expressions as he hunted and found the eggs was priceless! He got so excited for every.single.one! "Look, I see that blue one in the flower pot!


"Look, there's one over there...it's orange just like Go Horns!" {Clay associates the color orange with UT...no Daddy has not brainwashed him! :)}


His basket is filling up!

The Easter Bunny hid some hard ones, but Clay managed to find them all! ;)

I must say his "practice round" went smoothly and he is ready for the real thing now!
We headed to Ingleside for an Easter/early birthday celebration for Clay...more pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment