Here's a recap of how my sweet 3 year old spent his special day!
He woke up to his favorite "cake muffins" as he calls them (really good 'ol betty crocker cinnamon streussel!}
I can't believe there are 3 candles on his morning muffin...my big boy!
made a wish and blowing them out! we may have done this three or four times...i'm just saying! :)
Then, it was off to see Dr. Jolet for his 3 year well check. Here are Clay's stats:
weight: 34.5 pounds--75%
height: 40 inches--95%
Can you say long and lean???? Pretty par for the course around here! ;)
Clay did GREAT at this appointment even having his blood pressure taken and peeing in a cup! Really...it was like an adult check up! Dr. Jolet asked him a few questions and he was more than happy to answer them all...have I mentioned he's a talker like his Mama?! :) The doctor had a good chuckle at his verrrrrry elaborate answers! My favorite answer to what fruits he likes to eat was, "Well, I like strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, grapes, and raspberries are my favorite. I don't like oranges....they are too chewy!"
It also made my heart smile when he told Dr. Jolet, "Mama says we have to make make healthy choices." Wow! He really is listening to his Mama! ;)
Thankfully, Dr. Jolet had a resident assistant with her yesterday or else Mama wouldn't have been able to get her list of questions answered. Dr. Jolet introduced him as her friend, Nick. As I was chatting with the doctor I could hear Clay saying, "Nick, look at this Goldbug book {his favorite Richard Scary book} with me. Here is a combine. You know what combines do?" Clay will strike up a converstation with just about anyone. Thank you, Nick for entertaining my friendly little man!
After the doctor visit, we headed to pick out a special birthday toy then had a picnic lunch and nap time. After nap, I was so excited to start my card tradition with Clay. This is a tradition my mom started with me and I love, love, love to be passing it onto my sweet boy {and soon to be baby girl}! Every year {as long as I can remember}, Mom gives me a special card that is to be opened at the exact moment I was born (9:27pm). Here is my 4:30pm card for Clay...
I have 2 cards from year 1 and 2 but I obviously didn't start the tradition then. I felt like this year he was ready.
Still waking up from nap and reading Mama's 4:30 card!
Not long after nap, Daddy came home with another surprise...
Clay's very own fish aquarium! He was soooooo excited!
some decorations for the tank
there's still some work that needs to be done before we can add the fish...something about getting the ecosystem just right...Mama is still learning but Clay knows that in a few days the "home" will be just right for the fish to "move in." To say he is excited is an understatement. He walks by just to look at the tank and says in awe, "Isn't my fish tank beautiful?!" "Pretty soon the fish will live here. They are gonna love their home!"
I must admit, it was a tad bigger than I was expecting and not to mention our wedding album had to find a new home, but to hear him say those words makes it all worth it! :)
Clay opening the present Uncle John brought for him. {Somehow Mama didn't manage to snap a pic of his super cool mobile crane that you take apart and assemble back together with an even super cooler drill!}
Thanks Uncle John, Brittany, Caroline, Travis, Clayton & Kyndall for thinking of Clay on his birthday!
After a delicious meal at Maudies and some Baskin Robbins Ice Cream for Clay, it was more play time with Uncle John then off to bed.
As Daddy was reading books to Clay before bed, I couldn't help but think about this day three years ago and how our lives are so blessed now because of our sweet boy. Doug shared this story with me right before we turned the lights out and it is one that I will treasure always...
Here we were, new parents, settling in for the first night with our precious and healthy baby boy. Mama had just finished breastfeeding, Daddy burped him, we got him all swaddled into his cozy blanket just as they had showed us how and placed into the bassinet. Insert crying baby here. We both looked at each other a little unsure and went through all of the previous steps in our head...ate, burped, swaddled...what was left?! Thankfully, a nurse walked in about this time and we both said we weren't sure why Clay was crying and went through our check list with her. She looked at us lovingly and said, "Well have you checked his diaper?" Bingo! How could we not have known?!
We might not always know exactly what to do and how to do it, but we do know how to love you with all we have to give! Happy Birthday my sweet Clay!




No comments:
Post a Comment