GIRL!!!
Mama and Daddy went to our ultrasound last Monday while Grandpa stayed at the house with big brother. (Thank you, Grandpa!) We were so excited to see our strong and healthy baby girl moving all around and couldn't wait to share the news with our family and friends and especially, her big brother!
When Mama got home, it was nap time for Clay so we snuggled up in his big boy bed and I told him I had a new book I wanted to read. This is a moment I never want to forget...just typing it brings tears to my eyes! I told Clay the title of the book was, I'm a Big Brother, and I was reading him this book because he was a big brother too. He gave me a somewhat confused look as he settled in to listen to the story. This is how the rest of the conversation went....
Mama: "Mama has a baby in her belly and that makes you a big brother!"
Clay: Lifting up my shirt, "Where's the baby Mama???"
Mama: "You can't see the baby because she is inside Mama's belly, but if you put your hand on Mama's tummy you might feel her moving around."
Clay: Putting his little hand on my belly, "I feel the baby Mama, I feel the baby!!!"
Mama: "You do? This baby inside Mama's tummy is a girl. She is your baby sister."
Clay: "Let's read the book to baby sister!"
I started reading his special book and we pointed out all of the things a big brother will do once the baby is home. Clay got so excited about helping bathe, play, and feed the baby he even said, "Mama, I'll share my momo (his banana milk) with baby sister." Melt.my.heart!
When I finished the book, Clay put his hand on his belly and told me he had a baby in his tummy too! :)
I love, love, love the fact that he understands (at his 3 year old level) he is a big brother and that baby sister is growing strong in Mama's tummy. Almost everyday he will mention something about his baby sister..."Mama, I want to snuggle with baby sister." "Mama, let's get this _____ (insert toy here...usually a truck some sort!) for baby sister. I think she's gonna love it!" "Mama, when is baby sister gonna be here?"
We're switching gears around here and starting to think PINK for the nursery! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Tears of joy....all I know is, baby girl is going to be one lucky little sister to have a wonderful, sensitive, sweet older brother!! Her parents aren't chopped liver, either. (a la PaDee) Love you guys:-)
ReplyDeleteSo, so, soooo precious! I love that you get to experience one of each :) Let's do a play date ASAP! --Bridget
ReplyDelete