Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day '09

I can't imagine my thoughtful hubby will ever be able top what he did for my first Mother's Day, but Mother's Day '09 definitely comes in a close second! My day started with my sweet boy crawling into bed to give me my Mother's Day card {which he signed all my himself!}, followed by Daddy with coffee made just my way with lots of French Vanilla Coffeemate.

Doug knows that I absolutely L.O.V.E. surprises and I must say, that for most occasions, he will always have something up his sleeve. This one I was totally NOT expecting...


my new camera! I am soooo excited to be able to get Clay in action now! No more chasing after my very fast and very active 2 year old with one hand on the shutter button praying that the flash will be quick enough to capture that split second expression!


The mommarazzi in me was ready to hit the park and take some action shots of my little man. Here are some of the ones I captured...

big boy!


rocking on the horse

belly swinging...a self-taught skill!

that sweet smile

daddy getting him ready to...

hang from the bar all by himself!


all hot and sweaty by 10am...hello summer!


And my absolute favorite shot taken by Daddy...



kisses for Mama!

Now I realize I am no professional, but I just can't get over how clear these pics are and how I was able to capture some great expression! I have A LOT to learn but can't wait to upload some amazing shots to his blog!

My ambition as Clay's mama is to take everything I have learned from my amazing Mom {not sure this is even possible...but I'm trying my hardest!}, include what I have discovered from the other wonderful mothers that are in my life {my mother-in-law, Nanaw, grandmother-in-laws, aunts, cousins, sister-in-law and friends}, trust my mommy intuition, and use it all to raise my son along side my supportive and loving hubby!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment