As 3 was quickly approaching us, I asked a friend for a referral {thank you, Jenny!} and called to schedule Clay's very first dentist appointment! About 2 months before his visit, I purchased this book...
We Incorporated this into our daily and nightly reading and it did a WONDERFUL job of explaining what a dentist does and the tools that will be used. The dentist in this book is named, Dr. Bearson so every time we talked about visiting the dentist Clay would refer to him/her as Dr. Bearson! ;)
After much reading, talking, and prepping, a week before Clay's appointment, Mama decided to schedule a trip to the dentist for her own teeth cleaning and big guy got to tag along. Clay saw how easy it was for Mama and even reminded me when I was finished, "Mama, remember you said the dentist would show me the scraper, yanker, tamper, and tickly toothbrush??" Thank you, Patty and Dr. Davidson for letting Clay look at all the "dentist tools" and overlooking the fact that he might have called you Dr. Bearson a few times! :)
Today was the morning of his visit! Of course, we talked about it before bedtime and when Clay woke up this morning he was sooooo excited to go see "Dr. Babot!" {Yes, he learned her name and didn't mix her up with Dr. Bearson!} "Mama, today I go see Dr. Babot and when I'm done I get to pick a toy from the treasure chest!" On the drive to her office in Buda, Mama was giving one last pep talk to her big guy, but when I opened the backseat to get him out this is the face I saw...
I just knew he was ready!
Climbed right on up in the chair and was ready! He told the technician, "Let's get started!"
YES...he even let her take x-rays of his teeth! Mama is standing outside of the door holding my breath at the moment! Clay put on his brave face and did GREAT!
Getting that shiny grill! No trouble cleaning or flossing...yes, flossing!
The only time he got a little nervous {but still no tears} was when Dr. Babot came in and tilted the chair all the way to the recline position {does NOT like that venerable feeling of being flat on his back!} to count and check his teeth. Mama was kneeling down by his side for this, which explains why there is no pic with Dr. Babot.
All in all, Clay got a great report and even got to pick 2 toys from the treasure chest! Whoo hoo! Dr. Babot said his teeth look wonderful and are clean and strong and healthy! This report alone makes the morning and nighttime brushing routine {yes, for 2 minutes while singing the "Sugar Bugs" song} all worthwhile!
Mama and Daddy are soooooo very proud of you big guy! Thank you, Dr. Babot and your team at the Buda office for making Clay's first dentist experience such a pleasant one! See you again in 6 months!




No comments:
Post a Comment