Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gettin' ready for the real thing...

To get us in the x-mas spirit {since Daddy flat out refused to let us put up our tree before Thanksgiving! :)}, Clay first created his shape tree.


our shapes: two trapezoids for the base and middle, a triangle for the top, circle ornaments, square presents, and a star to top it off!



learning our new shape...trapezoid or "twapezoid" as clay pronounces {love it!}



I showed him how the bases fit together then he just took off putting the rest of the shapes in their places. We've read TONS of books about x-mas, the holidays, etc., so once I told him what the other shapes represented on the tree he didn't need anymore prompting.


glued down the triangle top and adding the star



carefully placing our "ornaments"



of course he knows where the presents go! :)



ta da! finished product!



close up and a "okay mom, I'm holding this poster for you while I'd rather be playing so please take the picture" smile!
Stay tuned...pics of decorating our "real" tree to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment