Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yes, we're still here!

I know, I know...we've been MIA on the blogfront lately. I do have a pretty good reason, but more on that one later!

Here in central TX we've been experiencing a week of cold, cold, cold temps! Too cold for these southerners to bundle up and face the frigid teen temps! Yes, teens! Needless to say, we've had our share of indoor time and are desperately awaiting warmer temperatures. We're missing our outdoors!


Here's a pic of one of our MANY indoor activities this past week. Anything to do with his Thomas trains equals fun for Clay. So, the teacher in me just had to incorporate an educational counting/matching game with those fun trains! :)


Clay can count to 20 with good accuracy and we are working on identifying numbers 11-20 {he's got 1-10 thanks to Thomas!} so I thought this would be a good activity to practice both!



I had Clay count and find each number in the jumbled mess to put in order.




There's a BIG smile behind that #4!



Once we had our numbers in the correct sequence, we started digging through our Thomas trains to find ones that had numbers to match.




Clay matching the trains to their correct numbers.



Close up concentration :)




The front shot...


middle shot...


The end shot!


Clay discovered that not every train had a number and some trains shared a number. I loved this activity and Clay was SO proud each time he found a match! He would tell me, "Mama, Percy is #6...let's find his home! Here it is! I did it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment